In May 2018 the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance committed itself to a new Grant Strategy that aligns with the organizational strategy adopted at the end of 2017. The IHRA Grant Strategy supports projects which aim to safeguard the historical record (including sites, testimony and archival materials) of the Holocaust and the genocide of the Roma and which counter distortion.
What we fund
The IHRA’s Grant Strategy funds projects in the field of education, remembrance and research with the following objectives:
- To increase capacity of governments and non-governmental institutions to safeguard the record of the Holocaust and the genocide of the Roma and to counter distortion.
- To encourage the international exchange of good practices and promote historically-informed policymaking.
- To develop educational approaches that enhance awareness of the continuing relevance of the Holocaust and the genocide of the Roma for the present and the future.
Do you have a project idea that you think would fit? Please consult the Grant Strategy Guidelines for more details on what we fund and how to apply. Our funding application period runs from September to January each year.
You can also access the 2019 IHRA Grant Projects overview, for a clearer idea of what has been funded in the past.
Applicants aiming to submit and carry out projects related to distortion are strongly encouraged to draw on and make use of the IHRA’s working definition on Holocaust denial and distortion. Issues such as countering Holocaust distortion are complex and nuanced, and to guide the work in this area, the IHRA also made available online a paper on Holocaust distortion and denial.
How to apply
It is recommended to be in contact with the IHRA Program Officer, Rosvita Krajinovic (firstname.lastname@example.org) well in advance of the application deadline, in order to announce your intention to apply for funding.
Please consider the following:
- Only online applications are accepted.
- Applicants must register through the IHRA’s online application system and complete the project summary and the budget sections by 24 January 2020.
- All other sections can be modified until 6 February.
- Please note that it is not possible to create an account after 24 January.
- Applications must be received by 6 February, 23:59 CET.
All enquiries about funding can be directed to Rosvita Krajinovic (email@example.com).