“We share a commitment to commemorate the victims of the Holocaust and to honour those who stood against it.”
-- Declaration of the Stockholm International Forum on the Holocaust
The International Center for Education about Auschwitz and the Holocaust at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum will hold an expert conference on education about Auschwitz and the Holocaust from 4-5 July 2017.
The conference will address several topics:
• Auschwitz Message – Particularism Versus Universalism
• Modern Representations and Reception of Auschwitz
• Witnesses of History as Memory Depositaries
• Carriers of Memory – Material Records and New Technologies
• Visits at the Memorial Sites as Exceptional Educational Experience
• Shoah – Challenge for the Future
The conference agenda will include panel discussions, workshops and presentations of the results of recent studies and examples of best practices. Debates will be held at various places within the Auschwitz Memorial Site. The language of the conference is Polish and English.
If you are interested in attending the conference and giving the presentation please submit the application form no later than February 20, 2017.
It will be part of commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the foundation of the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum. For more information, click here.
Image: courtesy of Auschwitz Birkenau State Museum.